Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spirit-Filled Journaling

I wanted to share with you guys an idea I've had. I actually used to do this frequently, but then got out of the habit for a while. I'm planning to start back soon though, because I can see a real difference in my spiritual life when I practice this. So I thought that I would put it out there for those of you who might be interested as well.

Have you ever heard of spirit journals or something along these lines? The idea is to journal about different things that have some spiritual significance to you. Well I've come up with my own version of that, which I call a Spirit-filled journal. For every entry I make, I'll put the date and time on it, then write down any thing that feels significant. Whether it be dreams or thoughts that I've had and felt were important, if I feel that God is putting something on my mind, if there is something that I have been pondering over, or something I have been praying about; I will write that down. Later I will come back to record any follow-up or confirmation I have received. The more detailed the entries are the better. This way later when coming back to it I might come across some small detail that I would have forgotten, but may have an impact at a future date.  When I am doing this it seems to help me better understand what God is trying to get across to me. 

This is also an excellent way to view one's own spiritual growth. I can see how thoughts that I've had have been corrected, altered, or fleshed out along the way. When I do this regularly it is a very useful tool in my walk with God and my growth in the spirit. One could put Bible verses that speak to them or anything that is on their hearts. I wanted to share this with you in case any of you might find value in it as well.

2 comments:

  1. hi brandy! i agree with your idea of spirit journals. i think everybody needs to have one in order to live in the most pleasing manner of our God. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandy! Based on what I just read and your You Tube video you will LOVE the Spiritual Circle Journal. Go to www.spiritualcirclejournal.com for more info. I will send you one for free if you would use it (spiritualcirclejournal@gmail.com). I appeared on Moody Radio's National Midday Connection last July to share it with listeners and now 600+ all over the country have one. God has used it to revolutionalize my quiet time. Blessings, Liz Lassa

    ReplyDelete